In the event of a motor accident and as the owner of a City Insurance Motor–Hull policy, you must follow these steps:
- Inform the Police with regard to the accident;
- Obtain the official accrediting documents from the Police;
- Fill in a recording of proceedings in order to authorize the repair (if it is necessary).
After obtaining the proper documentation from the Police, you must direct yourself to a City Insurance Claims Center. The necessary documents to open the claim proceedings are the following:
- Proof of registration of the event (recording of proceedings from the Police, the agreed statement of facts/constat à l’amiable, appendix number 2, a statement of the insured person);
- Original repair authorization form, if it is necessary;
- Referral of the damage (to be filled in when the claim is filed);
- A photocopy of the insurance policy;
- A photocopy of the registration document (registration certificate);
- A power of attorney (for owners that are legal persons);
- A notarized letter of attorney if the owner is a different person;
- A photocopy of the identity card;
- The driver’s license, in original;
- A photocopy of the mandatory insurance of the guilty party (if a third party is responsible for causing the accident);
- Motor-Hull indemnification form.
After opening the claim proceedings, you can repair your vehicle, according to its manufacturer, in an adequate repair shop, based on the referral made by City Insurance.