S.A. – R City Insurance S.A. (from here on called City Insurance), as author/owner/administrator of the www.cityinsurance.ro website, respects the private character and the security of the information you provide when utilizing this website, including personal data, for which it applies the present Confidentiality Policy.
National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing registration number 4.110.
The visitation of this website is submitted to the terms and conditions of the Confidentiality Policy, thus implying your acceptance of the same and representing the whole understanding between parties. City Insurance reserves its right to change and update at any time the content of the www.cityinsurance.ro website, as well as the Confidentiality Policy and the terms and conditions, without any prior notice.
- Personal data – any information regarding an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one that can be directly or indirectly identified, particularly through an identification number or various specific factors of its physical appearance, physiology, economic, cultural or social identity;
- Personal data processing – any operation or set of operations applied to personal data, through automated means or otherwise, such as collecting, recording, organizing, storing, adapting or modifying, extracting, consulting, utilizing, sharing with third parties by transmission, dissemination or any other means, joining or combining, blocking, deleting or destroying.
- Storing – keeping the personal data collected on any kind of data support system.
- Personal data inventory system – any organized structure of personal data, accessible based on certain criteria, regardless whether this structure is organized in a centralized or decentralized manner or it is divided based on functional or geographic criteria.
- Operator – any natural or legal person, of public or private law, including public authorities, institutions and their territorial structures, that establishes the purpose and the means of processing personal data;
- Third party – any natural or legal person, of public or private law, including public authorities, institutions and their territorial structures, other than the person in cause, the operator or the person holding a power of attorney or those who, under the direct authority of the operator or the proxy, are authorized to process data;
- Recipient – any natural or legal person, of public or private law, including public authorities, institutions and their territorial structures, to whom data are being transmitted, regardless if it is or not a third party; public authorities to whom data are communicated based on special investigative attributions shall not be considered recipients;
- Anonymous data – data that, due to its origin or particular processing procedure, cannot be associated with an identified or identifiable person;
- Business contact data – data that include the name, position, business address, phone number or e-mail address of a company’s employee, regarded as such. Business contact data do not form part of the personal data category;
- Statistical data – data obtained as a result of processing personal data by the operator, but cannot be used to identify a person and are used exclusively for statistical purposes and/or informing, promotional.
Personal data collection
City Insurance can collect your personal data but only with your approval and if you voluntarily offer them. The recorded information is used by the operator and will be communicated only to the contractual partners of City Insurance.
We use personal the personal data collected for the following purposes:
- To deliver services such as newsletters, information regarding events or products that you requested or purchased.
- To personalize the service we offer you.
- To communicate with you concerning the selected services.
- To ensure your access to sections with limited access of the website.
- To publish a list of winners of the City Insurancecompetition.
The rights guaranteed by the 677/2001 law, regarding personal protection against personal data processing and their free circulation, are extended to all users of this website. Thus, according to the 677/2001 law, any natural person benefits from the following rights:
- The right to access personal data, to obtain from the operator, by request and free of charge limited to a single demand per year, the confirmation that its personal data are processed by it or not;
- The right to request the rectification, update, blocking, deleting or transformation of the personal data into anonymous data if the processing is not done according to the legal provisions of the 677/2001 law.
- The right to oppose the processing of its data, at any moment, for sound and legitimate reasons regarding its particular situation, except for the case where there are contrary legal dispositions. In the event of a justifiable opposition, the processing will not include the respective data.
- The right to oppose, at any moment, free of charge and without any justification, that its data be processed for direct marketing purposes, on behalf of the operator or a third party or to be transmitted to a third party for this purpose.
- The right to not be subjected to an individual decision, taken exclusively based on personal data processing.
- The right to litigate when one suffers damages due to the processing of its personal data.
- The right to file a complaint before the supervisory authority if it considers its data was not processed according to the law. Thus, the natural person must file a written complaint, dated and signed, to S.A. – R City Insurance S.A. (including by e-mail). In it, the person must specify whether it wishes that the information/measures taken be communicated at a certain address (including e-mail) or via a mailing service that ensures personal delivery.
City Insurance will not divulge any personal information it obtains from you to a third party without your permission, except in certain limited situations:
- Complying with legal provisions;
- To protect the security of its website and its rights, according to the Terms and Conditions section;
- Acting in emergency situations in order to protect the personal safety of its employees, the beneficiaries of its products or services or other public figures.
City Insurance does not sell, exchange or rent personal data to third parties.
The security of the data collected
We commit to apply the adequate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against accidental or illegal destruction, loss, modification, disclosure or unauthorized access. That is why we use standard security technology used in our domain.
City Insurance uses security methods and technologies, along with policies that apply to its employees and work procedures, in order to protect the personal data collected according to the legal provisions in force. Personal data are stored in a protected database, to which only certain City Insurance employees have access.
The online transactions are done through ePayment (GECAD ePayment International S.R.L.). For the online purchases, personal data collection is done through a SSL encrypted connection, by using a digital certificate issued by www.thawte.com, a company of VeriSign.
City Insurance has no intention of collecting personal data from underage natural persons.
The Confidentiality Policy is submitted to Romanian legislation. In the event of litigation, an amiable resolution should be first attempted, in 30 business days since the complaint was submitted to City Insurance Headquarters. If an agreement cannot be reached in the previously mentioned time span, the litigation will be heard by the corresponding court.